The Adult Pinewood Derby Race – hosted by the Hi-Line District, Montana Council, BSA – is open to anyone 18-years-old and over. This fun and special event is a fundraiser that will benefit your local BSA Scouting youth!
For more information, email Jenn Thompson or call (406) 945-2623.
When: Saturday, September 25, 2021
Where: Great Northern Fairgrounds, Community Building – Havre, MT
Weigh-in starts at 4:30 p.m. and the first flag drops at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $25 and car kit is included.
Body Specifications for quick reference
- Width – not to exceed 2 3/4 inches (7 cm)
- Lenght – not to exceed 7 inches
- Height – Must have clearance under FinishingGate – not to exceed 3 inches
- Weight – not to exceed 8.0 ounces – 226.8 grams measured on Official Race Scale
- Center Rail Clearance – cars must clear the center rail which is 1 5/8 inches wide by 1/4 inch tall along the entire lenght of the car
- Wheelbase – No wheelbase restrictions
- Lighting – lights must be battery operated and incased as to not interfere with the track
- body Design – may be enhanced by adding other stable materials such as plastic, metal or details. All additions must be firmly attached and confom to size specifications. No losse materials will be allowed on the cars.
- No part of the car’s body, or attachments, can extend beyond the starting peg on teh track what so ever. – the lenght is not to exceed 7 inches.