Build your own pinewood car and race it against your peers! Prizes for best of show, fastest, and more!
The Boy Scouts of America, Montana Council, in Butte are excited to host an Adult Pinewood Derby!
Join us at the Butte Brewing Co, 465 East Galen Street, on May 21, 2022, and test your derby-car building skills. Prizes for Best-In-Show, Fastest, and more! Weigh-in starts at 11 a.m., the first race begins at noon on race day. Included in registration is one pinewood derby racecar kit and one drink token to be used on race day at Butte Brewing Company.
For questions, contact: Vigilante District Executive, Blake Chase.
Pinewood Derbies have long been a staple tradition for Cub Scouts, and now we open the tradition for all interested persons 18-years-old and over. This fun and special event is a fundraiser that will benefit your local Boy Scouts of America Scouting youth.
Pinewood Car Regulations
- Width – not to exceed 2 3/4 inches
- Length – not to exceed 7 inches
- Height – Must have clearance under finishing gate – not to exceed 3 inches
- Weight – not to exceed 5 ounces measured on race scale
- Car Design – Stable materials may be added. Unstable or loose materials may not be used
- No part of the car may extend beyond the starting peg on the track
- No propellants or liquid weight allowed
- Only powder lubricants allowed (graphite)