Happy New Year to all!
Serving others is one of the finest things that a person can do and I salute each of you for your continued exceptional performance in serving others, despite the adversity that we have all faced these past few years.
TEAM 315 Scouts and Scouters proved, once again, that we possess that unique combination of grit and determination — a trait that I refer to as “Montana Tuff”.
I also commend TEAM 315 members for your countless individual acts of kindness and volunteerism in serving those in need throughout this past year. My challenge to everyone is to continue to give of your time and talents throughout the new year to make our scouting program, our schools, our communities and our country the best that they can be, and to give the kids that we serve the opportunity at a better life by providing an outstanding Scouting experience.
Paraphrased below are a few pearls of wisdom that I’ve gathered over the years on how best to serve others.
The 12 Keys to Success and Happiness
1. Make a difference every day. Get up; look yourself in the mirror, and choose to make a difference in the lives of the people you serve.
2. Be fair to all concerned and use your profession as an avenue of service to others.
3. Keep your chin up and don’t be a bellyacher. Life isn’t fair but it’s still good.
4. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
5. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
6. Take the long-awaited trip or do something you’ve always wanted to do–now. Life is short. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
7. Believe in miracles.
8. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
9. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
10. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
11. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
12. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Happy new year to all and thanks for being a part of TEAM 315!