Updated January 27, 2022 – Montana council is doing what it can to keep up to date with the rapidly changing information and safety recommendations concerning COVID-19. In an effort to help you find the most recent information, we will update this page as information becomes available. We recommend referencing the Montana DPHHS and the CDC for additional and specific coronavirus information.
- National Statement on Covid-19
- Resources & Scouting at Home
- 2021 Summer Camp
- Montana Council Stores
National Statement on COVID-19
The safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees and communities is our top priority.
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be informed by expertise from agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We expect everyone in Scouting to follow the measures listed below, which are based on CDC guidance. Members, staff, and volunteers must also follow all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. In addition, we have instructed local councils to consult with their local and state health departments, as well as local chartered partners, in order to implement appropriate protocols to help keep members, volunteers, and employees safe.
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feels unwell.
- Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and does not have the results back yet.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth and stay at least 6 feet apart from people you don’t live with.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Until further notice, international travel is not considered an official Scouting Activity.
As always, please exhibit the Scout Oath and Law as we continue to navigate a safe return to the activities we enjoy.
Resources & Scouting at Home
- Restart Scouting Checklist
- Scouting at Home
- Screen-Boosted Scouting
- Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist
- BSA COVID-19 FAQ
Advancement as of 3/1/22
As of March 01, 2022, all temporary changes made to Scouts BSA advancement requirements to address the COVID-19 pandemic will expire, and there will be a return to the standard rules for Scouts BSA advancement. This includes deferment of some swimming requirements for First and Second class, virtual activities for Tenderfoot, Second and First Class, and requirement 9b of the Camping merit badge.
- Bryan on Scouting: Pandemic-prompted changes to Scouts BSA advancement requirements expire March 1
- COVID-19 Modification roll back
2022 Montana Council Summer Camp
Montana Council is taking every consideration as we move forward into a safe and healthy 2022 season of summer camps. We are and continue to weigh health department recommendations, government protocols and financial responsibilities as we prepare for the summer. All of this is done with the health and safety of our Scouts, volunteers, Scouters and staff is our utmost concern.
K-M Scout Ranch: As of this time, we are excited to move forward with a full schedule at K-M Scout Ranch. We would love for you to join us and experience this amazing state-of-the-art camp. <Learn More>
Camp Melita Island is back for the the summer of 2022. We are currently at capacity. However, we may still have staff positions open for those interested spending the summer on their own private island. Find open staff positions here, or visit the Camp Melita Island Webpage to learn more.
Grizzly Base Webelos camp has been put on hold for 2022. Webelos are welcome to join us at K-M Scout Ranch’s Resident Webelos Camp this summer!
For any additional questions concerning camps, you can reference the camp pages on this site, call (406) 541-1009 or email email@example.com.
Camping this Fall/Winter
Updates have been made by the National Council to address camping this fall and winter and can be found on the COVID-19 FAQ.
Store Hours & Access
The Trading Posts are open for your Scouting needs!
We ask that customers maintain a social distancing of six feet and be polite and conscious of others. (A Scout is kind.)
Visit <Contact Us> for store hours and information.