Updated January 21, 2021 – Montana council is doing what it can to keep up to date with the rapidly changing information and safety recommendations concerning COVID-19. In an effort to help you find the most recent information, we will update this page as information becomes available. We recommend referencing the Montana DPHHS and the CDC for additional and specific coronavirus information.
- National Statement on Covid-19
- Resources & Scouting at Home
- 2021 Summer Camp
- Montana Council Stores
As always, the safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees and communities is our top priority.
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be informed by expertise from agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We expect that everyone in Scouting will follow the guidelines listed below, which are based on the CDC’s guidance. In addition, we have instructed local councils to consult with their local and state health departments, as well as local chartered partners, in order to implement appropriate protocols to help keep members, volunteers, and employees safe.
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feels unwell.
- Stay at least 6 feet apart from people who do not live with you. (properly executed Scouting cohorts at council camps may be an exception).
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Meet outside if you can.
- Wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid international travel if possible.
- Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and do not have the results back yet.
Units should look to their council regarding whether/how to conduct in-person meetings and activities. If in-person gatherings are permitted, be sure to follow all applicable guidelines and use your council’s version of the Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist before attending.
We are taking similar steps as a national organization as we continue to evaluate and adapt to the current environment with the best interests of our members, volunteers, and employees in mind.
Thank you for doing your part to ensure that young people continue to benefit from Scouting while protecting the health and safety of our families, friends, and communities.
- Restart Scouting Checklist
- Scouting at Home
- Screen-Boosted Scouting
- Pre-Event Medical Screening Checklist
- BSA COVID-19 FAQ
Updates have been made to address Scouts BSA advancement requirements that are scheduled to expire in September 2020. We are in the process of updating these changes in Scoutbook. These updates will address Rank requirements, Camping merit badge along with a request for time extensions.
Montana Council is taking every consideration as we move forward into a safe and healthy 2021 season of summer camps. We are and continue to weigh health department recommendations, government protocols and financial responsibilities as we prepare for the summer. All of this is done with the health and safety of our Scouts, volunteers, Scouters and staff is our utmost concern.
K-M Scout Ranch: As of this time, we are excited to move forward with a full schedule at K-M Scout Ranch. This year’s K-M camp staff promises program that is new and dynamically different from last year! We would love for you to join us and experience this amazing state-of-the-art camp. <Learn More>
Camp Melita Island is on pause for 2021 as we continue our reforestation project and campsite reconfiguration. If your unit is interested in staying on or providing service to Melita this summer, please let us know. (406) 541-1009
Grizzly Base Webelos camp has been put on hold for 2021. Webelos are welcome to join us at K-M Scout Ranch’s Resident Webelos Camp this summer!
For any additional questions concerning camps, you can reference the camp pages on this site, call (406) 541-1009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trading Posts are open for your Scouting needs! Curbside pickup is available as well. We ask that you follow the safety guidelines below to help keep our staff and you and your family safe.
- Only 2 customers in the store at one time.
- If you have children with you, please use our curbside pickup service. (See Trading Post contacts below)
- Please use the hand sanitizer as you enter the store.
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6 feet.
Montana Council Service Center & Scout Store Great Falls
Billings Field Office & Scout Store
Missoula Field Office & Scout Store
You may also call (406) 541-1009