The K-M ATV program is growing and along with it we find ourselves in need of additional instructors. If you are an ATV rider, love to ride and are interested in helping youth foster safe riding practices then this is an opportunity for you.
We are looking for 6-8 people to become certified instructors that are willing to spend at least a week at camp each summer session assisting with the program. The program also includes a Venturing weekend in the fall and additional instructors could also open the opportunity for more weekend training activities at the camp as well.
An ATV Safety Institute (ASI) instructor preparation (IP) course required by National BSA has been scheduled for May 16 – 20, 2016 at K-M Scout Ranch.
The requirements for the course are:
- BSA Candidates must be 21 or older and must have a clean driving record.
- Instructor Prep candidates should have experience on ATVs.
- It is recommended but not a requirement that IP candidates take the ATV Rider Course prior to attending the IP.
- It is a pass or fail course.
Prior to instructing at camp instructors will also need:
- Current BSA medical form
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Current BSA training in Youth Protection and Hazardous Weather (online)
- Approved adult BSA registration (this can be done through camp if you don’t have a home unit).
The meals for the training will be covered by the camp and we’ll find someplace for you to lay your head at night or you can bring your own camping rear. We are in need of donors or sponsors to help in covering the ASI participant fee of $640.00 per student if you know of anyone interested in sponsoring an individual or more please contact Peter Jones at email@example.com or 406-431-2705.
If you or someone you know is interested in becoming and instructions please contact Dan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-431-0454.
For more information regarding the ATV Safety institute visit http://www.atvsafety.org/