Announcing the Montana Council Anniversary Month Contest winners, 2023.
– Winning Troop: Troop 141, Sidney, Badlands District
– Winning Pack: Pack 3551, Gardiner, Mountain Valley District
– Community Award: Pack 4426, Troop 1406 & 1438, Crew 2406, Havre, Hi-Line District
Cub Scout Pack 3551, Gardiner, Mountain Valley District
Pack 3551 completed the following activities:
- Wore their uniforms to Churches on Scout Sunday and
- Conducted a service project. Their food drive to benefit the local Gardiner Food Pantry netted 545 pounds of food and $732.33 in cash donations.
Troop 141, Sidney, Badlands District
Troop 141 completed the following activities:
- Participated in Scout Sunday Services
- Performed a flag folding
- Wore their uniforms in public to secure a Mayoral proclamation
- Secured a newspaper article in their local paper, The Roundup, which included a picture of the Troop with the Mayor
- Created a video on why they like Scouting
- Completed a service project by washing the Sidney Volunteer Fire Department trucks. (Fun times, even if the temperature was minus 20 degrees!)
New this year is our Community Award
Cub Scout Pack 4426, Scouts BSA Troops 1406 and 1438, and Venturing Crew 2406, Havre, Hi-Line District.
Havre Units worked together to complete the following activities:
- Completed two service projects by assisting with the Annual Lutefisk and Meatball Dinner for First Lutheran Church and assisting the Knights of Columbus and St. Jude’s Church, their Chartering Organization, with their Friday Fish Fry
- Provided donuts to the congregation of Community Alliance Church to show their thanks and appreciation for allowing the Pack to meet there
- Attended the Havre City Council meeting in uniform, Scouts led the Pledge of Allegiance and secured a mayoral proclamation declaring the week of February 6th BSA week in Havre; Mayor Signs Proclamation
- A Letter to the Editor was printed in the Havre Daily News thanking the community for their support of Scouts. Letter to the Editor – Thanks for supporting Boy Scouts of America – Havre Daily News
- Scouts attended various church services in recognition of Scout Sunday
- Their Charter Organization Representative was presented with the 2023 Charter
- Scout information boards were displayed at St. Jude’s Parish Center
- Cub Scouts and Webelos wore their uniforms to school on various days throughout the month of February
The Boy Scouts of America was founded on February 8, 1910. To celebrate, Montana Council offers an Anniversary Month Contest during the month of February. Any Montana Council unit can earn a beautiful purple Honor Unit streamer for their unit flag pole by completing any two of the listed activities during February.