Announcing the Montana Council Anniversary Month Contest winners, 2022.
– Winning Troop: Troop 1007G, Great Falls
– Winning Pack: Pack 214, Helena
– Winning Crew: Crew 2406, Havre
Troop 1007G, Great Falls
Troop 1007G, Great Falls is the winning Scouts BSA unit. They wore their uniforms to church on Scout Sunday, assisted at the Four Chaplins service project, performed a flag ceremony at church, and made a video about “Why they like Scouting.” Scoutmaster is Tim Steele and the American Legion Post #341 is their chartering organization.
Cub Scout Pack 214, Helena
Cub Scout Pack 214, Helena is our winning Pack. Members of the Pack wore their uniforms to church on Scout Sunday, wore their uniforms to school and created a window display, using the outlines of each of their Cubs’ hands. Each Cub wrote what they like about Cub Scouts on their “hands.”
Crew 2406, Havre
Crew 2406, Havre, is the winning Crew. They wore their uniforms to church in Scout Sunday and helped with serving, busing and cleaning at the First Lutheran Church’s Annual Meatball and Lutefisk dinner. Kougar Lanier is the Crew Advisor and Heather Hummert is the Committee Chair. First Lutheran Church is the Chartering Organization.
The Boy Scouts of America was founded on February 8, 1910. To celebrate, Montana Council offers an Anniversary Month Contest during the month of February.
Any Montana Council unit can earn a beautiful purple Honor Unit streamer for their unit flag pole by completing any TWO of the following eight activities during February:
1. Create a short (approximately 30 seconds) video “Why We like Scouting!”
2. Conduct a service project
3. Attend a religious service, wearing your BSA uniforms on Scout Sunday (February 9) or Scout Sabbath (February 7) or another Sunday in February, as determined by your faith organization
4. Create a BSA display in a business window
5. Perform a flag ceremony for a school, service group, governmental meeting, or care facility
6. Write a letter to the Editor. Thank your community for their support of Scouting and name a few of your unit’s service projects
7. Secure a Proclamation from a governmental official, recognizing February 8 as Boy Scouts of America Day
8. Wear your BSA uniforms to school one day2020 Anniversary Month Contest Winners