Anniversary Month Contest is coming during the month of February 2018! Mark your calendar. Units can earn the purple Honor Unit ribbon by completing any two of the following activities during February:
• Create a video (maximum 30 seconds) on why you enjoy Scouting.
• Attend a religious service, wearing your BSA uniforms.
• Put up a BSA display in a business’ window.
• Conduct a service project.
• Perform a flag ceremony outside of your unit’s meeting, wearing Scout uniforms, for a school, service group, governmental meeting, care facility, or other appropriate gatherings.
• Write a letter to the Editor. Thank your community for their support of Scouting, and name a few of your unit’s service projects.
• Secure a Mayoral Proclamation, recognizing the BSA’s Scout Week.
• As a unit, wear your BSA uniforms to school one day.
Deadline is March 15, 2018.
Email Michelle ([email protected]) no later than March 15th with your unit’s activities to receive your ribbon.
The Units that submit the best information (photos, news articles, CDs, video, etc.) about their activities will receive a special award at the Annual Montana Council meeting. Thanks in advance for participating!
Here are last year’s winning units and what they did in February 2017:
Cub Scout Pack 302 in Roundup is our winning Pack:
- They made Valentine’s cards for a retirement home.
- They performed a flag ceremony for the Masons.
- They wore their Scout uniforms to school the last day of February.
- They met with a police officer and firemen to learn safety and what they can do to help their community.
Troop 1206, Helena, is our winning Small Troop:
- Produced a Video “What We Like About Scouting”
- Secured a Mayoral Proclamation for recognizing the BSA’s Scout Week, Feb. 5th-11th from the Mayor of Helena Montana. See the video!
- Set up Scout Window Display at the Lewis and Clark Library.
- Wrote a letter to the Editor Thanking our community for their support of Scouting. Letter published in the Helena Independent Record on Feb. 10th.
- Scouts attend religious services on Scout Sunday, Feb. 5th, wearing their BSA uniforms and five Scouts attended three churches in uniform.
- Performed a flag ceremony on Feb. 9th at the American Legion Post 2 meeting.
- Conducted conservation project on Feb. 11th Cleaning and maintaining Duck Boxes and Birdhouses on the north side of the Helena Valley Regulating Reservoir.
- Attended Capital High School in uniform on Friday, Feb. 17th.
- Performed a flag ceremony on Feb. 17th with Girl Scout Troop 3769 at Scout Night at Bighorn game.
Troop 1, Great Falls, is our Large Troop winners:
- Troop 1001 set up a window display at Amazing Toys.
- Scout Sunday was celebrated by Troop 1001 at 2 different religious ceremonies.
- Participated in a Flag Ceremony at the opening of the Great Falls City Council Meeting.
- Asked for and received a proclamation from the Mayor of Great Falls.
- Participated in a Flag Ceremony at Hockey Game.
- Conducted a service project picking up trash and debris around the Moose Lodge in Black Eagle.
- One of their scouts submitted a Letter to the Editor to the Great Falls Tribune.
Crew 2028 is our winning Venture Crew!
- Attended church on Scout Sunday in uniform and helped welcome guests to the church.
- Helped plan and organize Merit Badge University at MSUB. See the story on KTVQ News!
- Taught Merit Badges (Sustainability, Oceanography, and Pulp and Paper) at Merit Badge University at MSUB.
- Received proclamations for Boy Scout Day from Billings Mayor Tom Hanel and Montana Governor Steve Bullock.